User Tag List

Thread: Bethesda Facing Lawsuit? - News

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoG Season RV View Post
    This is the best summary of the game I've seen. Also the reason I don't get as excited for games the last few years. So many developers have begun to get in to the push the game out and we'll patch it later routine. I'm sure it has a lot to do with the publishers as well.
    One of the old Cohesive members made the comparison and I had a holy shit moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoG Seraph View Post
    That is to be expected from a newly released game. ESO had the exact same problem. The Daggerfall intro level had a mission boss that was unkillable and therefore you could not progress any further into the game.

After people reported the bug, it was fixed and everyone went about their business.

I just think it is stupid for people asking for Bethesda's head on a pike after this short of time being released.
    That is so backwards dude. Newly released games should be finished products with enough content to match its price. This includes adequate testing and bug fixing that actually makes the game playable. It's a scam through and through. Say they do end up fixing all of the problems in the game after a year of being released. It doesn't excuse the fact that the game was broken for the first year of release when people paid full price expecting a full quality game.

That's all games. Literally all. Games will never be perfect on release and it is ignorant to expect them to be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's all games. Literally all. Games will never be perfect on release and it is ignorant to expect them to be.
    I never said anything about perfect.

"Newly released games should be finished products with enough content to match its price. This includes adequate testing and bug fixing that actually makes the game playable."

My comprehension must be off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopkins View Post
    That is so backwards dude. Newly released games should be finished products with enough content to match its price. This includes adequate testing and bug fixing that actually makes the game playable. It's a scam through and through. Say they do end up fixing all of the problems in the game after a year of being released. It doesn't excuse the fact that the game was broken for the first year of release when people paid full price expecting a full quality game.
    If I could like this post I 100% would. For some reason bethesda gets this leeway with the bugs in their game and I just don't understand why. There are bugs in Fo76 that were in Fallout 4 that were fixed by modders and bethesda still didn't fix it for 76. This game and all the drama that has been associated with it is 100% making me skeptical of every Bethesda game going forward and I didn't even purchase the game lmao

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Newly released games should be finished products with enough content to match its price. This includes adequate testing and bug fixing that actually makes the game playable."

My comprehension must be off.
    In the past this is how games were made. Patching didn't used to be an option and couldn't be used as a crutch. Alphas and Betas used to mean something more then a glorified demo of the game. They were part of that testing and bug fixing phase. Developers couldn't have a mentality of we'll fix it later because it could mean at it's worst the shuttering of a studio. People shouldn't be alright with something being broken beyond being able to be played and/or enjoyed at launch because "hey they'll patch it later. That's what led to these types of issues to begin with.