Thread: Bethesda Leaking Information? - News

Banned
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bethesda Leaking Information? - News

Bethesda Support Leaks Fallout 76 Customer Names, Addresses & Phone Numbers

Some of the people submitting tickets to get their replacement Fallout 76 canvas bag have encountered a surprise: they’ve been given access to parts of Bethesda’s support system, including the ability to open and close tickets, as well as check out customer’s personal information.

The loophole has since been closed, but not before a number of users on Reddit and the company’s forums claim to have been shown all kinds of things they should not have been shown. Jessiepie, for example, says:

I am receiving every single one of your support tickets on my Bethesda account. Mostly it’s your receipts for you power armor set requesting a new bag. These receipts contain all your info. Your email and home address and the card you used to buy this extremely glitched game.

RadioactiveTrinket, meanwhile, says:

I went on the support website today, to update a ticket of mine, and surprisingly (or not...) I ended up being able to see all sorts of tickets, with people putting their personnal informations in them, like receipt screenshots, names, addresses and so on.
    Here’s what it actually looked like to be given that access:

Quote Originally Posted by Twitter Post from Jessie Tracy

Jessie Tracy
    @JesscaTracy9

@BethesdaSupport I am receiving other people's support tickets on my @bethesda account. I have numerous people receipts for power armor set that includes their email & home address and the type of card used. This is not good, right? #Fallout76

2:04 PM - Dec 5, 2018
    In response, a Bethesda community manager simply says in a forum thread “Hi guys, we’ve resolved this issue.”

Important Links

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welp, I chalk this up as another colossal fuck up by Bethesda. Not to mention this adds more fuel to the legal fire as I'm sure the lawyers will love to throw this in too. Not only could they not make a functional and fun multiplayer Fallout title it turns out they suck at InfoSec too. Maybe I should have some of my friends and associates look into getting a job there to fix this disaster.

Banned
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VulgarBear View Post
    Welp, I chalk this up as another colossal fuck up by Bethesda. Not to mention this adds more fuel to the legal fire as I'm sure the lawyers will love to throw this in too. Not only could they not make a functional and fun multiplayer Fallout title it turns out they suck at InfoSec too. Maybe I should have some of my friends and associates look into getting a job there to fix this disaster.
    Oh Yes, This isn’t going to help them at all with the legal matter they’re having to deal with. Can’t wait to hear more news about the law suit. Hopefully they come out with some more news.