Thread: Fortnite - Infinity Blade Sword Removed - News

Chief of Battlefield RoG OverDose's Avatar

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fortnite - Infinity Blade Sword Removed - News

Fortnite - Infinity Blade Sword Removed - News

Less than a week after it first arrived, Fortnite's controversial new weapon, the Infinity Blade, has been removed. Developer Epic Games announced that it is vaulting the sword across all modes due to its notable impact on the game's balance and the lack of any reliable counters to it.

"We messed up and rolled out the Infinity Blade overpowered / without good counters, especially in the end game," Epic wrote. "The Infinity Blade has been Vaulted and we are re-evaluating our approach to Mythic items. Thanks for calling us out on this!"

The Infinity Blade arrived in Fortnite earlier this week as part of the game's 7.01 update. Unlike other weapons you can pick up in the game, only one sword spawns per match, and it appears in the same location each time: in a pedestal atop Polar Peak, which makes the start of every round a mad dash to get the sword.

Much like the Infinity Gauntlet from the short-lived Thanos LTM, the Infinity Blade grants its wielder incredible powers, including increased max health and shields, increased movement speed, and more. While it's still possible to kill the player wielding the sword, it's clear that the first person who manages to pick it up is at a big advantage. Epic's decision to remove it completely from the game comes shortly after the developer had said that it would reduce the Infinity Blade's effectiveness.

It's unclear if or when Epic plans to reintroduce the Infinity Blade to Fortnite, but the developer mentioned that it is "re-evaluating [its] approach to Mythic items," suggesting that other special types of weapons may be in the works for the game.

Important Links

Fortnite is part of Fenix Brigade.
    If you may be interested in joining the Fenix Brigade.
    You can always click Join a Brigade and apply for Fenix or Message FrismX personally.
    Last edited by RoG OverDose; 12-19-2018 at 03:16 AM.

I hope they bring it back! Infinity Blade was one of the first games I ever got when I got a smart phone and I loved it! It would be nice to have a reference to that game!

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoG Seraph View Post
    I hope they bring it back! Infinity Blade was one of the first games I ever got when I got a smart phone and I loved it! It would be nice to have a reference to that game!
    Think you're talking about something different.
    Maybe you're talk about https://www.slashgear.com/infinity-b...sia-18558498/?

Quote Originally Posted by RoG OverDose View Post
    Think you're talking about something different.
    Maybe you're talk about https://www.slashgear.com/infinity-b...sia-18558498/?
    Epic games made a game called infinity blade. It was a mobile game. Thatís what the infinity blade in fortnite is a reference to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoG Seraph View Post
    Epic games made a game called infinity blade. It was a mobile game. That’s what the infinity blade in fortnite is a reference to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh, I understand what you mean now.
    You're on the same page lol. I agree with you now.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It wasn't really that over powered to me. I came into contact with it 3 times and i killed the wielder of all 3. It wasn't that hard to kill just dodge and shoot!!